PALS & Airway Management:
PALS is an advanced, instructor-led classroom course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care in infants and children. This course will expand your knowledge and skills necessary to assess and treat pediatric patients. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology. In this course, skills are taught in large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented.
This workshop will provide participants with American Heart Association PALS® Certification and provide a full day of medical emergency management techniques. Course consists of didactic lectures, intensive imaging, discussion and hands on workshop with mannequins and patient simulators.
Audience: This course is appropriate for dentists and assisting staff.
Objectives: At the conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize and initiate early management of peri-arrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome;
- Manage cardiac or respiratory arrest until return of spontaneous circulation and respiration, termination of resuscitation or transfer of care;
- Recognize other life threatening clinical situations and provide effective initial care and transfer to reduce disability and death;
- Describe & demonstrate a variety of techniques for maintaining oxygenation;
- Recognition, anticipation and maintenance of difficult airways
Faculty: American Heart Association® Certified PALS Instructors