Get your free BLS course ($99 value) when you purchase any bundled course below
Pediatric Level 2 Permit Renewal + PALS Renewal for Dentists
Pediatric sedation recertification examines pediatric anatomy, physiology, pharmacology and patient selection as it applies it to enteral sedation in dentistry. The most common sedative agents, techniques and routes of administration (oral, IV, Nasal, SQ, IM) are analyzed along with dosing recommendations and the importance of diligent monitoring and records keeping required for a pediatric patient are reinforced. This continuing education program is completed with airway management of a sedated patient; office based medical emergencies and drug box assembly. Our interactive didactics along with simulated case scenarios using manikins produce a stress free team-learning environment where practitioners develop the knowledge and skills necessary to become proficient sedation providers.
This program includes didactic instruction and a hands on skills workshop in airway management utilizing simulation and multiple airway devices, in addition scenarios will be constructed and participants will be asked questions in regards to managing medical emergencies.
Traditional instructor led course designed for the healthcare provider who is renewing and is confident in their ACLS knowledge and skills.
FREE BLS Renewal Course ($99 Value)
Traditional instructor led course that covers one and two rescuer CPR for adults, children and infants. Proper use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) is covered along with what to do if someone is choking.
At completion of this course participants should be able to:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of each sedation team member
- Describe the standards and regulations as related to office based anesthesia and analgesia
- Describe and utilize the necessary monitoring and emergency equipment required
- Demonstrate airway management using multiple devices
- Describe related pharmacology of sedatives, reversal agents and emergency medications
- Describe appropriate monitoring and documentation
- Develop acceptable recovery & discharge protocols
- Understand the latest recommended guidelines from the American Dental Association (ADA)for conscious sedation