Adult Level 2-3 (Parenteral) Online Permit Renewal for Dentists
The Adult online sedation recertification reviews pre-operative patient assessment, focused physical exam and various other medical considerations for enteral sedation through online modules. Pharmacology, physiology, and patient screening are heavily emphasized in the curriculum. Definitions of different levels of sedation continuum (Minimal, Mild, Moderate, Deep) are reviewed through clinical videos of patients drifting through each level. This continuing education program is completed with review of airway management techniques, office based medical emergencies and drug box assembly.
Online modules have pertinent audio files which will automatically upload and play for each slide. You progress will be monitored and saved by our site. You may stop at anytime and return to pickup where you left off! You will need to successfully pass a quiz at the conclusion of each module. You may attempt this quiz an unlimited number of times.
At completion of this course participants should be able to:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of each sedation team member
- Describe the standards and regulations as related to office based anesthesia and analgesia
- Describe and utilize the necessary monitoring and emergency equipment required
- Demonstrate airway management using multiple devices
- Describe related pharmacology of sedatives, reversal agents and emergency medications
- Describe appropriate monitoring and documentation
- Develop acceptable recovery & discharge protocols
- Understand the latest recommended guidelines from the American Dental Association (ADA) for conscious sedation