IV SEDATION RECERTIFICATION: Parenteral Sedation, Airway, Medical Emergency & Monitoring
Our IV sedation recertification courses are designed for dentists with levels 3-4 sedation permits that practice at an advanced level. This course is focused on clinical and hands on training protocols, which are developed with insight to sedation pharmacology and evidence based clinical data. Recently discovered sedatives; drug regimens and pharmacological adjuncts are presented. This continuing education program is completed with a team approach to advanced airway management of a sedated patient and medical emergencies in a dental office with simulation manikins. Our interactive didactics along with simulated case scenarios using manikins produce a stress free team-learning environment where practitioners develop the knowledge and skills necessary to become proficient advanced sedation provider.
This program includes didactic instruction and a hands on skills workshop in airway management utilizing simulation and multiple airway devices, in addition scenarios will be constructed and participants will be asked questions in regards to managing medical emergencies.
At completion of this course participants should be able to:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of each sedation team member
- Describe the standards and regulations as related to office based anesthesia and analgesia
- Describe and utilize the necessary monitoring and emergency equipment required
- Demonstrate airway management using multiple devices
- Describe related pharmacology of sedatives, reversal agents and emergency medications
- Describe appropriate monitoring and documentation
- Develop acceptable recovery & discharge protocols
- Understand the latest recommended guidelines from the American Dental Association (ADA) for conscious sedation